[mythtv-users] Wildly incorrect recording lengths (25fps ivtv-recorded files)

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 00:37:22 UTC 2005

Directed to all MythTV/ivtv users:

Recently been recording more content via my PVR-350 card in addition
to my DVB card. File lengths seem to be wildly off (recording are made
completely before they are watched, not timeshifted) For instance, a
1hr prog showed as 2hrs40min. Skipping forwards and backwards through
the programme works (the OSD position is incremented in the correct
amounts), and shows play correctly. No commflagging is carried out on
the file either. mysqlcheck turns up no errors whatsoever.

I'm wondering mainly how on earth the file length is so wrong (running
0.18.1, PAL-I recordings) and if any other users are still seeing this
behaviour. The -dev list and mythtv.org buglist didn't turn anything
up since the release of 0.18.1, so I'm wondering whether it is just my
particular config or if other users are seeing this too.

Cheers,
Nick