[mythtv-users] channel change doesn't switch inputs

Preston Crow pc-mythtv05a at crowcastle.net
Sat Aug 13 22:01:42 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 18:40, Howard Cokl wrote:
> > Preston Crow wrote:
> >
> > >I have:
> > >
> > >PVR-250:
> > >	tuner: analog cable channels
> > >	composite: digital cable channels
> > >HD-2000:
> > >	tuner: digital broadcast channels
> > >
> > >All the channel numbers are different for each
> > input.  And yet, when I'm
> > >in live TV mode, if I enter a channel number, it
> > will only work if that
> > >channel is on the same input.  If I want channel
> > 51, why won't it switch
> > >to the right card and input automatically for me?
> > I shouldn't have to
> > >be thinking in terms of inputs and cards once the
> > system is configured.
> > >
> > >--PC
> > >

> > Cause that aint the way it works.  Read the docs at
> > mythtv.org to
> > understand how it all works, for now heres a quick
> > tip :
> >
> > Hit Y while watching TV, it will switch between
> > multiple capture cards.

Yes, and hit C to change inputs on the same card.  That ties up two more
buttons on my remote.  Oh joy.  And very unintuitive.

> > Oh and if youd like it to behave differently, we
> > happily await your patch.

While I might well do so, that's not a helpful or appropriate response
on the -users list.

> > Tom
> >

> This feature is available in SVN and it is soo sweet.

I am running the SVN version (updated after your email), and it doesn't
seem to work that way.  I don't see any settings to enable it.  Am I
missing something?

--PC