[mythtv-users] Found an Awesome Remote

David Ellis david at ellisonline.ca
Sat Aug 13 20:34:35 UTC 2005

It's admittedly a little pricy - consider it the Rolls of remotes.

My MythTV setup cost a lot (its loaded and does a lot of stuff).

What is an extra 250$ for a remote that GF doesn't get frustrated with?

My MythTV setup:

Backend & Frontend Number 1:
AMD64 3200
1gb of RAM
5x300gb IDE HD's
DVD-RW
2xPVR 250's
1 Digium TDM400 (for Asterisk)
1xLC14M Silverstone Case
1xUSB UIRT2
NVidia 5200 AGP
Plugged Into 52" HDTV

Backend Number 2:
AMD2500
1gb of RAM
2x250gb HD's
2 HD3000
1 Mecury TV Tuner
1 WinTV USB2 PVR
1xCups Printer
NVidia 5200 AGP

Frontend #2
1 Digimatrix P4 2.4ghz
768mb of RAM
1 8gb HD
- Plugged into 17" LCD TV

With that much kit being driven by Myth - an expensive remote isn't totally
obscene. Look on EBay and they are even cheaper.

David