[mythtv-users] audio static

Steve Wesemeyer swesemeyer at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 13 20:11:23 UTC 2005

On Saturday 13 August 2005 17:42, Paul McKellar wrote:
> my recorded shows have audio static no matter what i do.
>
> i;m using emu10k /soundblaster and i've tried recording on mic and
> line in.  i've tried all sorts of settings to avoid clipping on my
> alsamixer settings.  i'm getting static on the speaker out so i know
> it is either in the capture or the playback.  by unmuting the line in
> playback, i can hear the tv and it doesn't have any static.  so i'm
> assuming something in the capture settings.  or maybe just my
> soundcard module is badly initialized?

As Nick said in another response to your mail, you'll probably need to post
some more details about your set-up. However, it sounds a bit like the
problem I'm having. Are you sure that the tv norm is set to the correct one
during recording? For example if you are in a PAL-I country and your tuner is
set to PAL-BG then you'll record a perfect picture with only static audio...

Kind regards,
 Steve