[mythtv-users] IR hardware recognition / rtc

Dan Wilga dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Fri Aug 12 17:40:00 UTC 2005

At 2:28 PM +0000 8/11/05, Marius Schrecker wrote:
>Thanks for the info!
>IrDA: Now I know what I need, someone on the list mentioned do-it yourself
>receivers, do you know where I can fond a howto for a good one??

If you go to www.lirc.org and look on the home page under
"Home-brew", you'll find several options. Personally, I built this

For transmission, I have built the second one down on this page:

>The kernel looks as if it's compiled with rtc built in. a quick grep on
>the curent kernel config shows this:

You are correct. Your settings look a lot like mine (2.6.11):

# CONFIG_HPET_TIMER is not set
# CONFIG_HPET is not set

So I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Maybe try Googling the
error message you're getting.

(By the way, unless you're giving away personal info or going off on
a tangent, it's usually a good idea to reply to the list, not just
the individual who replied to your initial post. That way everyone
can benefit from the discussion. Thanks!)
Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"