[mythtv-users] Burning DVDs from mpeg2/nuv - nuvexport and ffmpeg error

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 17:11:21 UTC 2005

Chris Petersen wrote:

>> I tried the --debug option. Didn't see anything that was a problem.
>> Could mythtranscode be at fault? Perhaps it's an timing issue? In the
>> script, mythtranscode is forked off (and nuvexport does say it's
>> waiting for mythtranscode to set up the files. It states this twice
>> before continuing) and then ffmpeg starts and ends abruptly.
>>
>> Anyone know what I can do?
>

> Search the mailing list for the error and find about a billion
> explanations of the issue.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=pipe%3A%3A+Error+while+opening+file&search_type=AND
>

> but for good measure and repetition...  you're likely missing
> yuvdenoise, or are using a too-new unstable release of mjpegtools, in
> which yuvdenoise is broken.

nope, it wasn't broken nor missing. But, I did upgrade to the newer
mjpegtools. Now it's broken (!)

I wasn't aware (obviously) that this was such a problem. I have no
problems with nuvexport on the backend, so I thought it was a remote issue.

I'll keep searching. BTW: with the new mjpegtools, nuvexport bypasses
yuvdenoise because it's broken. Now, nuvexport says that "ffmpeg died early"