[mythtv-users] Cables and more space...ideas?

Neil Davidson lists at backslash.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 16:18:32 UTC 2005


> 2.  DVDs on Myth.  I have ripped quite a few (about 40%) of 
> our collection to Myth, but I've run out of space and need to 
> figure out what my next step is.
> 
> My wife thought buying a DVD player for every room where we 
> now have a TV is a good idea.  To say that I hate that idea 
> is being gentle.  I could probably buy enough disks to house 
> the rest of the collection, but I have no more physical space 
> in my backend(s), and don't have another computer to nfsmount 
> more drives from either.
> 
> I could buy another PC and install some drives in that and 
> nfsmount them to the master backend, but I'm looking for 
> other options or ideas.
> 
> It's funny that she says in (1) that she can live without all 
> media everywhere, but can't live without DVDs everywhere.
> 

How are your DVDs stored? If they are as ISOs or the raw VOB/IFO files you
could try ripping out unused audio tracks, subtitles etc.



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list