[mythtv-users] Burning DVDs from mpeg2/nuv - nuvexport and ffmpeg error

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 16:16:31 UTC 2005

Donald Oakes wrote:

> Try using nuvexport (https://svn.forevermore.net/nuvexport) to export
> to mpeg-2 for burning onto DVD.  It has a bunch of dependencies but
> once it's working it's super convenient.
>
> - Don

thanks don. I use nuvexport for making avis on the backend all the time.
What I would like is to use it on another machine other than the backend.

I tried nuvexport on a separate, networked machine - made a symlink to
the mythtv store directory from my local /mnt/store and nuvexport
started up fine and found the remote mythtv recordings.
But, ffmpeg failed when trying to export. The error:

ffmpeg had critical errors:
pipe:: Error while opening file

I tried the --debug option. Didn't see anything that was a problem.
Could mythtranscode be at fault? Perhaps it's an timing issue? In the
script, mythtranscode is forked off (and nuvexport does say it's waiting
for mythtranscode to set up the files. It states this twice before
continuing) and then ffmpeg starts and ends abruptly.

Anyone know what I can do?

brad