[mythtv-users] Cases for a PVR box... recommendations.

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Fri Aug 12 15:36:28 UTC 2005

Jim Reith wrote:

> At 09:43 AM 8/11/2005, you wrote:
>
>> On 8/11/05, Forrest Aldrich <forrie at forrie.com> wrote:
>> > This is likely part of a FAQ that I've yet to locate.  So apologies
>> if so.
>> >
>> > I read an article on the O'Reilly site about building a MythTV box
>> in a
>> > more specialized case:
>> >
>> > http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005/06/22/myth_tv.html
>> >
>> > As far as I know, he's not finished the experience - he mentions some
>> > technical problems (but doesn't get into details).
>> >
>> > My question is, of those specialized cases out there, what are
>> people's
>> > favorites - which ones have proven to be more stable.
>> >
>> > I'm considering dual-tier model, too, for a backend storage and
>> frontend
>> > server to the TV.   That will depend on what info I find, etc!
>> >

>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> Antec Aria. Looks good, plenty of power, comfy inside.
>

> Been very happy with my CoolMaster Cavalier case. Even happier after
> putting a filter over the high visibility blue HD and Power LEDs. They
> were
> bright enough to cast shadows in the bedroom and middle of the night
> recordings made it look like there was a police car with it's lights
> on outside

The cavalier is a good looking case for the money.  Here,
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811119060 it looks
to have a blue-ish strip across the front, but mine is stone gray, which
I like much better.

The inside panel is painted a very nice metallic silver which does come
across well in this photo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.asp?image=11-119-060-04.jpg
These two items are painted a perfectly matching silver as well.
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16827152053
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820162612

Overall, I'm very please with the design.  Coming from an Apple Fan
http://www.bronosky.com/index.php?p=12 this is a major complement.  You
can also see how my wife likes to decorate from that photo of me taken
in the bathroom.  So if she accepts the appearance of a _computer_ then
you know your doing good.  I just got it yesterday, and Myth probably
won't be installed for a few weeks, so I can't report the WAF quite yet.

--

	Thank you for your time,
	--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.