[mythtv-users] Using DVI Output

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 11 23:42:25 UTC 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 03:54, ingle123 at comcast.net wrote:
> I am also running a 6600 GT over DVI to an HDTV.  Do you have any
> experience getting Xv or XvMC to work with mythtv in this setup.  My DVD
> playback looks awesome with xine but I am having problems cleaning up
> standard def playback in Myth.

Well I kind of goofed. I installed SuSE 64 bit on my Athlon 64. Great except I
can't get the win32 codecs working (duh!) and the nvidia drivers don't play
nice with mythtv. I see errors in the stdout of mythfrontend when it tries to
do XV and OpenGL. I'm in the middle of a retrofit of 32 bit SuSE, but it is
hard to find gaps between the programs I'm recording. I'll let you know in a
week or two.

--
Steve Boddy