[mythtv-users] stoooopid question

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Aug 11 23:01:29 UTC 2005

Greetings

Here's a good Friday morning silly question for you...

I'm running a diskless Epia as a frontend and a backend with a crappy
BT848 card. I'm about to put a pvr-150 into the Epia box - does this mean
I'll have to run the backend code on the Epia machine to do recording?

I assume I only require the one instance of mysql to handle the backend
database stuff so the next question, as a consequence, is how to I ensure
the Epia box (assuming it has to run the backend code) becomes a slave
backend and not the master...

Can't find any good architectural descriptions of the functionallity split
twixt front and backends :-((

--
Robin Gilks