[mythtv-users] channel change doesn't switch inputs

Tom E. Craddock Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Thu Aug 11 21:06:57 UTC 2005

Preston Crow wrote:

>I have:
>
>PVR-250:
>	tuner: analog cable channels
>	composite: digital cable channels
>HD-2000:
>	tuner: digital broadcast channels
>
>All the channel numbers are different for each input.  And yet, when I'm
>in live TV mode, if I enter a channel number, it will only work if that
>channel is on the same input.  If I want channel 51, why won't it switch
>to the right card and input automatically for me?  I shouldn't have to
>be thinking in terms of inputs and cards once the system is configured.
>
>--PC

Cause that aint the way it works.  Read the docs at mythtv.org to
understand how it all works, for now heres a quick tip :

Hit Y while watching TV, it will switch between multiple capture cards.
*NOTE*: you will lose your LiveTV buffer on your current card.
Useful for different-sourced cards (such as Dish Network on one, HDTV
over-the-air on another card.)

Oh and if youd like it to behave differently, we happily await your patch.

Tom