[mythtv-users] Using DVI Output

Jesse D. Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Aug 11 00:20:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 20:01 -0400, Gerald J. Berg wrote:
> I am considering an nVidia GE Force 5200 AGP video card for my
>
> MythTV front end box.
>

> There are a few brands that offer s-video, VGA and DVI output ports.
>

> I especially like the idea of using the DVI output to drive my
> projector
>
> directly, but I understand there have been issues with some TV-Out
>
> products and I do not want to have a problem at this level.
>

> Has anyone used the DVI output on the XFX, Chaintech, Gigabyte or
>
> other cards?

I don't know how the DVI works, as I don't have a digital monitor,
but I own a 5200, and I've used the TV Out with MythTV. The quality
is significantly worse than my PVR 350's output, for what that's
worth. Grainy and pixelated is how I would describe it. Maybe the
DVI output is better?

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin