[mythtv-users] OT: Comcast Chicago changing channel lineup, SCI-FI moving to digital only

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 19:57:34 UTC 2005

On 8/10/05, Mark J. Small <msmall at eastlink.ca> wrote:
> One problem that I have had is that myth doesn't always use the inputs
> intelligently.  I tried to schedule three recordings last Saturday night for
> the same time, and myth wouldn't let me, even though at least two of them
> were on analog.  Maybe I have a setup problem.

You should be able to get around this in the setup.

First off, make sure that you have two separate input lineups - one
with analog only, associated with the first two cards; one with
digital, associated with the third card.

Then, I think you need to adjust the priorities of the tuner cards.
Set it up so that the analog-only cards are used first.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually tried this. :)

Hope that helps,
Lane
--
Meetup with other Myth users!