[mythtv-users] IR hardware recognition / rtc

Marius Schrecker masch at tiscali.no
Wed Aug 10 14:06:19 UTC 2005

I'm getting near to starting a mythtv installation, have most of the underlying
software installed and must recompile the kernel with a few extras before
I start.

Notably I need to find out what ir hardware I have and make sure I have
a module for it. This is tricky as I can't see anything in dmesg or lspci
to help me identify it. It's a built in ir receiver on the front of my biostar
ideq 330p (nforce4)...any ideas as to what it might be/how to identify it??

also:

despite:
# cat /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq
1024

I get:
~$ gmplayer
vo: X11 running at 1024x768 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local display)
Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set 1024): Inappropriate ioctl for
device
Try adding "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your system
startup scripts.

I'm assuming this is something missing from my kernel.
Cheers

Marius
Registered Linux user