[mythtv-users] ivtv driver update

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Wed Aug 10 06:21:17 UTC 2005

> On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 15:02 +1000, Marty Ravell wrote:
> > So, in my usual foolish way of not letting good enough alone I am
> > considering going down the route of upgrading my ivtv drivers (0.3.7b
> > possibly). Mainly this is so I can try to get XMame up and running on
> > my FC3, 350 rig. My current setup is straight from Jarod?s guide. So
> > my question to the list is this. Is there a good how-to on the
> > procedure for taking a stock ?Jarod?s Guide? machine to new ivtv
> > drivers?
> >

> > I?m looking at the ivtv site and although there are some instructions
> > on compiling up drivers from source I was wondering if there is
> > perhaps a simpler way?
>
> I did this a few days ago. It's really quite straight forward. configure
> && make && make install. Nothing to it. I was impressed. New drivers
> work great. They lock up about every 10th viewing or so, but I can watch
> DVDs via XV, so I'm happy.

So, did you follow a particular site for this or just go via the
instructions in the ivtv FAQ?

I'd like to understand the process fairly well so I can back-out if I manage
to screw things up.

Already I see that some of the paths mentioned in the FAQ are different to
what is on my box. Any hints?

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin