[mythtv-users] MythMusic Error: *** buffer overflow detected ***: mythfrontend terminated

Michael.S.G. MythTV at BDen.org
Wed Aug 10 00:04:54 UTC 2005


Whenever I try to rip a cd, Mythfrontend crashes.
Process: Insert cd, Go to optical disc menu, Select rip cd.
I can rip perfect and good dvd's. Also, the CD setup apears to be pointing to a valid cd device. 
Vanila MythTV-Suite install on clean FC4. Single CD/DVD WR drive. Mythbackend runing as root, Frontend as user(MythTV).
Here is the frontend output:


....
2005-08-10 09:22:29.674 New DB connection, total: 1
Total desktop width=800, height=600, numscreens=1
2005-08-10 09:22:29.706 Using screen 0, 800x600 at 0,0
2005-08-10 09:22:29.711 mythfrontend version: 0.18.1.20050523-1 
www.mythtv.org
2005-08-10 09:22:29.712 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
2005-08-10 09:22:30.222 Switching to square mode (G.A.N.T.)
2005-08-10 09:22:30.863 Registering Internal as a media playback plugin.
2005-08-10 09:22:30.879 Joystick disabled.
2005-08-10 09:22:30.968 Registering MythDVD DVD Media Handler as a media 
handler
2005-08-10 09:22:30.969 Registering MythDVD VCD Media Handler as a media 
handler
2005-08-10 09:22:31.549 Registering MythMusic Media Handler as a media 
handler
2005-08-10 09:22:42.732 New DB connection, total: 2
metadata.o: You don't seem to have any tracks. That's ok with me if it's 
ok with
 you.
*** buffer overflow detected ***: mythfrontend terminated
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/libc.so.6(__chk_fail+0x41)[0xad6565]
/usr/lib/libcdaudio.so.1(cddb_read_disc_data+0x32d)[0xcf9cd0]
/usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so(_ZN9CdDecoder11getMetadataEv+0x21c)[0x3b
277d2]
[0x0]
======= Memory map: ========










Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 08:01:36PM +1000, Michael.S.G. wrote:
>  
>
>>Hi Axel,
>>   Sorry for the delayed reply....
>>
>>The rpm I am using is "libcdaudio-0.99.12-4.rhfc4.at"
>>Is this the latest release?
>>    
>>
>
>Yes.
>
>  
>
>>Other than that, It's a vanilla myth-suite install on a fresh FC4.
>>everything else appears to be working ok.
>>    
>>
>
>Please post the whole error output of the segfault (perhaps even
>changing the thread's title to the main error message). This will help
>mythtv developers to check whether the buffer overflow is in
>mythfrontend or libcdaudio.
>
>  
>
>>Axel Thimm wrote:
>>    
>>
>>>On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 04:23:28PM -0500, Javier Perez wrote:
>>>      
>>>
>>>>On 8/6/05, Michael.S.G. <MythTV at bden.org> wrote:
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>>>Whenever I try to rip a cd, Mythfrontend crashes.
>>>>>  I can't even get the CD contents!
>>>>>Using FC4 and latest ATrpm's. (Installed system on friday)
>>>>>Mention of a possible problem with Libcdaudio and FC4:
>>>>>http://lists.atrpms.net/pipermail/atrpms-users/2005-July/003478.html
>>>>>But I can't find any solutions.
>>>>>          
>>>>>
>>>>Me neither and I got the same problem.
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>Do you have the same segfault as the poster of theis thread?
>>>
>>>Did you update to the latest libcdaudio?
>>>
>>>http://lists.atrpms.net/pipermail/atrpms-users/2005-July/003495.html
>>>      
>>>
>>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>_______________________________________________
>>>mythtv-users mailing list
>>>mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>>>http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>>>      
>>>



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list