[mythtv-users] OT: Comcast Chicago changing channel lineup, SCI-FI moving to digital only

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Aug 9 17:51:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 12:43, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> My cableco has been doing this.  They have "taken away" two channels on
> analog and made them available on digital.  They also took CNN Headline
> News but they claim that CNN has discontinued that channel.

Still have that channel here.  Although in the evenings they have put
the most obnoxious "news caster" on most nights, can stand to listen to
her.

> As for the other two moves, I wholeheartedly believe that this is an
> effort to force people into digital services.  I wouldn't be surprised
> to lose a channel about every 6 months now until everyone is happy with
> the 3 channels they will have left or moves to digital.

Currently I have the cable going direct to the PVR-350 and PVR-250.  I
assumed this was the basic analog service.  If/when they go full digital
which cards can be used?  Or do we have to play games with IR blasters
to switch channels on the cable box?  Would not be good having to have a
separate cable box for each encoder.