AW: [mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Tue Aug 9 15:34:40 UTC 2005

At 11:11 AM 8/9/2005, you wrote:

> > Thanks for the tips. Have you got yours working reliably currently?
> >
> > I'm tossing another 200gb drive in as an additional LVM drive
> > so I should
> > be ok for a while longer but eventually I do need to burn
> > stuff and remove it.
>
>No :-)
>
>I'm just rewriting the whole commercial cutting and remultiplexing part
>to use projectx for demux + cut and mplex for remultiplexing the
>seperated streams. Projectx looks like the best OS project for
>avoiding/fixing a/v sync problems at the moment. While cutting can't be
>done at arbitrary frames (GOP only), I've got high hopes that the result
>will actually WORK. I'll let you know how it goes.
>
>Bye, Martin

If you need a willing victim/beta tester, I'd be happy to work on it with
you and give you another box to validate things on. I'm NTSC but running
KnoppMyth R5A16. One of the reasons I built this machine was to have a
software project to "play" in and maybe contribute stuff back and this is
one piece that would be a big win in WAF

Jim