AW: AW: [mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Tue Aug 9 14:38:21 UTC 2005

At 10:10 AM 8/9/2005, you wrote:
> > My other question that perhaps you can answer (that was tacked on to my
> > mod
> > approval blocked one) is why if I run MythBurn twice in a row on the exact
> > same file with the same parameters do I get  different results? Why isn't
> > the outcome consistently the same for the same inputs? Where is the
> > randomness getting injected?
>
>MythBurnDVD makes use of various lockfiles that don't get cleaned up when
>the whole thing crashes - it's likely you're running into that.  Have a
>look in your mythburn directory for any stray lockfiles and delete them
>(if nothing is running)

not having perused the scripts carefully, what's the format of lockfile
names I should watch for? They'll be in the top level
(mythtv/mythburn/mythburn/) directory? might be useful to write a little
wrapper script that gets called when it finishes regardless since a
successful completion wouldn't leave any behind.