[mythtv-users] Re: mythmusic shuts down mythfrontend

Griffon -- bushibot at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 03:51:09 UTC 2005

Hmmm I find if I put the visualizer into random mode and make it full
screen it will crash to desktop or even lock the system (kill process
another terminal to recover does work) repeatable after 10-15 minutes.
Myth music also seems to crash out at a somewhat random rate (can be
fine for hours ore minutes and then boom). I haven't found a pattern
accept for as it related to the visualizer running full screen.This is
with 18.0. Though lately I have been using MCE for music since it can
play back pictures and has the nice intro and close captions, not an
alternative for everyone though.

On 8/8/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/8/05, Neil <neil-on-mythtv at restricted.dyndns.org> wrote:
> > All the versions I have tried, it did the same. Currently, I'm using SVN
> > trunk of last month.
> >

> If I don't have any files selected to play and try to navigate in
> MythMusic, the frontend crashes and dumps me to the desktop. As soon
> as I have a file or directory selected beforehand, music plays
> normally.
>
> Nick

-Griffon