[mythtv-users] burn-in. Should I be worried? - Dev Idea?

Andrew Palm ajpalm at optushome.com.au
Mon Aug 8 22:04:31 UTC 2005

Hi Guys,

Maybe the dev people can steal an idea from TiVo land... which are

1. If the tivo is paused for x amount of time it blanks the screen.
2. If left in a menu for x amount of time it returns to livetv.
3. for MythMusic and other static stuff, maybe have it so either the
visualization goes full screen after x amount of time or the screen
blanks after x amount of time.

Screen burning is a issue on all types of monitors, regardless of age.
Yes that includes LCD, plasma and the good old CRT. I have LCD's at work
  on KVM's that have been left on 'nt4' login screen, which is burnt in.
I have read the LCD will loose its burn in, but to do this is need equal
time off for time on! (and turning it off for 12 months anit a option)

Andrew