[mythtv-users] Max number of recordings - unexpected episode deletions

Pat Vaughan patrick_a_vaughan at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 8 18:01:34 UTC 2005

> On 8/7/05, Timothy G. Schaefer <tim_lists at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>  Is anybody else seeing this? Did I miss one of the many settings?
>> Should it
>> work like that? To me it seems like unless I'm running out of hard drive
>> space or I explicitly tell it "When episode limit is full, delete old,
>> record new" MythTV should *never* auto delete an episode, even if it is
>> over
>> the episode limit.
>
> This is exactly what it seems like the episode limit does, and
> probably should do.  This way if you get low on space you can resolve
> it by setting episode limits and having mythtv automatically take care
> of which episodes to delete for you.
>
> I'm not able to check my setup at the moment, but I would hope there's
> some way to lock specific episodes to prevent automatic deletion.  If
> not, that's the feature it sounds like we need in this case.

Exactly, that's the behavior I expect.  When I change the episode limit,
Myth should apply that to ALL the recordings.  If you want more, than make
it unlimited, and let Myth manage it by free disk space instead of number
of recordings.

Though, there should be an option to say "don't delete this".  Tivo has
similar functionality and I've used it on several occasions.