[mythtv-users] DVB OTA EPG for HDTV Channels in Australia (Canberra)

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 08:44:38 UTC 2005

> I am using an internet grabber for the SD channels but since only a few
> things are actually broadcast in HD, I thought it would be better to try to
> use the DVB on air guide for the HD ones.
>
> I selected the "use on air guide" setting in mythtvsetup but nothing is
> showing up (after watching the channel for a few minutes). I don't own a STB
> so I don't know for sure that EPG data exists (in Canberra). Is there
> anything else I need to configure. I assume it's possible to use a grabber
> for some channels and OTA EPG for others?

I might be wrong here, but I seem to remember a post a whileback
saying that the OTA EPG works for some countries (eg UK) but there's
something about the Australian standard which is different which means
it doesn't work for us. As I say, I may be wrong here, but that's my
vague recollection.

Regards,
Phill