[mythtv-users] DVB on ATrpms mythtv-suite

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 08:15:56 UTC 2005

> I've been using the precompiled mythtv-suite provided by ATrpms with my analog TV tuner.
> And now I'm trying to upgrade to DVB. Now does it actually support DVB? My mythtvsetup
> channel editor does not look at all like this:
> http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/images/chaned_dvb.jpg . Instead it looks like the
> analog channel editor...?
>
> So I have to compile mythtv myself to get it working?
>
> Mythbackend says:
> 005-08-05 17:28:02.012 DVB#0 ERROR - Could not find dvb tuning parameters for transport 0
> 2005-08-05 17:28:02.013 DVB#0 ERROR - Failed to get channel options for channel 3.
>
> Using the latest mythtv-suite and 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.

I'm using the ATRPM binaries but for FC3. These definitely support
DVB. To get the screenshot you posted you have to click one of the
buttons in the channel editor screen. It might be Advanced or
something like that - I can't quite remember which one it is. There
should be 2 buttons at the bottom of the channel editor screen - it's
one of them. I've heard reports of some people not seeing them as
they're hidden off the bottom of the screen on some setups. Perhaps if
you access it via VNC or X11VNC you might be able to see them then, if
that's the problem.

Regards,
Phill