PVR-350 and HD-3000 (Was: Re: [mythtv-users] TV lasts 1 second thendies)

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Sun Aug 7 01:15:49 UTC 2005

Getting them both to work in the same system is easy with the 2.6.12 kernel
and ivtv 0.2.0-rc3k.
Here are my problems however.
1. Comcast does not provide the PSIP data on the channels so QAM scanning in
Myth fails to detect the channels. I had to identify them manually and edit
the mysql tables to set them up.
2. Watching HD in Myth pulls up the channel but it pixelates and skips. Both
using and not using XvMC. I have a few theory as to why. I'm pumping my
video out to a TV using the TV Out on an nvidia 5700. The TV is a NTSC box
with a max res of 1024x768. I think that the system is having a hard time
downsizing the video stream to fit on 1024x768.
The reason I think this is true is because I can watch HD via videolan
pumped out over my network to another PC. The system I am pumping to has
only 4 differences from my Myth box. 1280x1024 res, 512meg more ram, SB
Audigy as opposed to on board, and it is running Windows. CPU, Mobo and
video card are the same.
I could test this but I do not want to pull apart my entertainment system
atm to do this.

There is one other problem that I am not entirely sure of the cause.
When I have Myth watching tv from the 350 and I pump the HD out to the other
system watching with video lan I get skipping on BOTH the HD and the 350.
Not sure if it is caused by the mobo not having a fast enough pipe or if it
is the nic. Leaning on it being the mobo thou. I built based on the FIC
Condor.

So they play nice driver wise for me yet others seem to have trouble.
Your mileage may vary.