[mythtv-users] Which remote?

Howard Cokl hojoloco at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 00:05:03 UTC 2005

--- mythtv at sci.fi wrote:

> I've been thinking about a PDA turned into a RC,
> since it can be used a
> bit more diversly. Problem is that I don't know how
> well "good" it is as
> an RC, never tried, I mean how good the feel, etc
> is. The funny thing
> about RC's is that an RC is a lot harder to make
> than it seems, it
> really needs thought if you want it to be good, and
> I'm annoyed by every
> product giving their own RC, instead the price could
> be dropped, and
> with the saved money everybody could buy one good
> RC, instead of all
> these crappy RC's I have my home full of ;-)
>
> But does anybody have experience with PDA's as an RC
> ?

I found something about this a while ago, even found a
springboard module for a visor but ended up blowing it
off since I have a wireless keyboard and a learning
remote.  I figured it would be cool but the WAF would
be low and I'm still struggling with the WAF.  If I
find the links I was looking at I'll let you know.

Howard