[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au / Foxtel

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Sat Aug 6 08:59:27 UTC 2005

I've tried hooking an antenna into the Aerial in of the Foxtel box and
entered the frequencies from the previously mentioned link into mythtvsetup.
This should give me the FTA channels at their usual positions.

No change unfortunately. All I see is static.

Hmmm. Might try plugging the composite out from the STB into the 350 to see
if I get a picture through Myth. My big problem with this is that I haven't
yet gotten LIRC to be able to detect the remote's signal. Not a viable setup
for general use just yet (I currently have the STB going straight to the TV
via the composite out so we can watch the box without Myth being part of it
for the moment).

I took a look at /var/local/tv_grab_au/guide.xml which I think is what
tv_grab_au produces. Nowhere in it did I see any mention of frequency for
the channels. Perhaps I need to play with other versions?

Regards
Marty