[mythtv-users] noob mac osx panther frontend install

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Fri Aug 5 18:32:57 UTC 2005

I believe the front-end just connects across the net to the mysql
installation on the backend. You don't need mysql installed when you're
using the Mac front-end.

I've done a little poking around and have been unable to find either the
prefs or any kind of output log from the front-end. I haven't yet tried
looking at the console or system logs when the front-end is started up
to see if anything useful is in there.

I'm running the CVS binary from here:

http://whpress.com/mythtv/

I haven't tried the Tiger 18.1 client from goof.com yet.

Anybody know where the output and prefs are stored with these pre-build
clients?

-Pete