[mythtv-users] CD Copy protection?

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:26:08 UTC 2005

On 8/5/05, Brian C. Huffman <huffman at graze.net> wrote:
> James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> > if it can be read, it can be cracked.
> >

> There are two issues:  1) technical, 2) philosophical (the priciple of the
> idea).

While #1 might be an issue for me, I'm sure that someone with the
drive and ability will take care of it. However, #2 seems to be a
non-issue. If I buy the art, I should be able to do whatever I want
with it, other than re-sell it or give copies away.
Would you buy a painting if you could only hang it in your garage,
bathroom, or basement?

Either way, this thread is way OT (for the list, not the original
topic), and I haven't bought a CD in years anyway.

-g