[mythtv-users] using TV.com to gather information..

Preston Crow pc-mythtv05a at crowcastle.net
Fri Aug 5 12:55:06 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 05:00, Dudely Smith wrote:
> Like using IMDB to gather information about movies, I would like to
> use tv.com to gather information about episodes (episodes i've got
> hosted on my machine), I'm not using the PVR side of things, just
> downloaded episodes on the HDD. How is this done?

I expect this isn't getting attention because the developers want to
avoid anything that suggests that they're encouraging copyright
violations.  With MythVideo, the assumption is that you're ripping
videos off of DVDs you already own, so it's not unreasonable to add
features to support that.  However, I don't see an equivalent reason for
TV episodes.

So if you can think of a way to ask for this feature to make it sound
useful without involving downloading, then you might be on to something.

--PC