[mythtv-users] mplayer video options and lirc hardware

Marius Schrecker masch at tiscali.no
Fri Aug 5 10:08:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm setting up mplayer and wondering which video output device to use for
least cpu overhead and best quality.

I have a radeon x300 pci-e card, which is now working pretty well using
the fglrx driver.

mplayer's ./config options suggested that the only card-specific xvmc option
was for nvidia cards, but other sources suggest that xvmc support for radeons
is now available. I enabled generic xvmc support when building mplayer,
but see that this doesn't appear when setting up with apt-reconfigure.

Next question:

where do I look in my system for ir hardware, I have onboard ir but lirc
needs to know what it is to set it up correctly (and build kernel modules)
and I haven't a clue where to start. I thought a look through dmesg or lspci
might help but I don't recognise anything useful.

Cheers

Marius
Registered Linux user