[mythtv-users] FYI: pvrusb2 5 default minute recording sizes

roger roger at eskimo.com
Fri Aug 5 07:57:52 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 21:36 -0500, Mike Isely wrote:

> If you really want to store in 480x480 then you'd probably have to set up
> mythtv to transcode after the fact.

I was just using 480x480 as an example.

I sort of figured the size was static with this device.  I was just
looking for confirmation on my guessing. :-)

> Transcoding in mythtv happens in a second stage, after the recording is
> completed.
>
> Additional information on the pvrusb2 driver can be found at:
>
>     http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2.html
>
>   -Mike

Yup.  would be nice if it piped the capture into a resize command
sequence.

However, mythtv is a beast as it is, without mentioning cpu consumption!

<lol>

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html