[mythtv-users] Blue bar at bottom of all video

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 5 01:24:08 UTC 2005

Eric Jensen wrote:

>While watching TV and on all of our recordings is a blue line a few
>pixels high and going the full length of the TV.  I've searched through
>the archives and tried running: `xvattr -a XV_COLORKEY -v 0` but it
>didn't work.  Is there anything else I can try?  I am capturing with a
>Happauge PVR-250 and outputting with a nVidia GeForce 3, running FC3.

Didn't work returned "bash: xvattr: command not found" or didn't work
returned "Error: Can't open display: :0" or didn't work ran it while the
video was playing and the line didn't go away or didn't work ran it
before starting playback and the video was there during playback...

In other words, you found the right solution in the archives, so if it
doesn't work, it's probably a case of user error, but without knowing
what you tried, it's hard to guess what the problem is.

BTW, I recommend using some color other than 0--i.e. 10 or 30 or even
1.  It's a much more proper solution--unfortunately, the
"vote-by-number-of-Google-results" system says that 0 is correct.

Mike