[mythtv-users] BT848 no audio, /dev/dsp is working fine.

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Fri Aug 5 00:16:01 UTC 2005

Just updated my box to knoppmyth R5A16, with Myth 0.18.1.
I have two PVR-250's and a BT848 card in the box.  I'm getting
nothing recorded on the BT848 card, even though I can unmute the
line-in and get audio.  Myth apparently isn't recording from line in,
even though capture is set on the line-in.  I've double checked
with aplay /dev/dsp and /dev/dsp0 and get the usual output, like it should
be recording, and have verified that my tuner card setup is set to capture
on /dev/dsp.  Also tried /dev/dsp0, with no change.

When I originally set up the machine, I only set up the two pvr-250 cards,
leaving the BT848 un-initialized in myth.  (IE, I didn't set the card up
in setup)
Then finished setup and ran myth for a couple days.  Then added the last
card.

My question is, is there a setting in the mysql database that would be
causing
a problem with audio input on the new card definition?  Should ALL three
cards be setup at the same time?  There were some logistical reasons for
doing it the way I did, and it would be somewhat of a hassle to dump my
current
recordings right now to reinstall.

Thanks,
Mark