[mythtv-users] FYI: pvrusb2 5 default minute recording sizes
Michael T. Dean
mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 4 21:56:57 UTC 2005
>When I press R/r while in live tv viewing mode, mythtv will respond by
>saying "Recording ..." and fades away. No icons or any info are
>displayed showing tv is actively being recorded. (Think I'm finding
>out later, mythtv schedules the entire 30 minute + section for recording
>or something, but I usually find pressing R/r not doing any recording.)
>Pressing R/r again, simply shows "Recording ..." again.
>>From mythtv documentation, R or r should toggle start/stop recording.
>(cycles through types?)
Think your interpretation of the documentation is off a bit... From
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1 section "LiveTV
R/r - Toggle recording of current program (cycles through types)
Says nothing about start/stop. ;) If you look through the code it
becomes quite obvious that "start" and "stop" are not the "recording
types" to which they're referring--especially with the nice comment
explaining how it works. (The hard part is finding the right code if
you're not a programmer. ;)
Below is the comment documenting the ToggleRecord() function from
libs/libmythtv/programinfo.cpp (which is eventually called in response
to pressing the TOGGLERECORD button):
/** \fn ProgramInfo::ToggleRecord()
* \brief Cycles through recording types.
* If the program recording status is kNotRecording,
* ApplyRecordStateChange(kSingleRecord) is called.
* If the program recording status is kSingleRecording,
* ApplyRecordStateChange(kFindOneRecord) is called.
* The states in order are: kNotRecording, kSingleRecord, kFindOneRecord,
* kWeekslotRecord, kFindWeeklyRecord, kTimeslotRecord,
* kChannelRecord, kAllRecord.<br>
* And: kOverrideRecord, kDontRecord.
* That is if you the recording is in any of the first set of states,
* we cycle through those, if not we toggle between kOverrideRecord and
More information about the mythtv-users