[mythtv-users] [OT] Xbox Frontend/Xebian 1.1/Alsa

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 20:10:42 UTC 2005

Hmmm...Using the TSOP flash method, you can solder two pointds on the
main board (for 1.2, 1.3, which I have anyways) and the use the
mechassault game to load the linux bootloader thingo to flash the
BIOS.

Thats my understanding from the docs at xbox-linux.org :|

This weekend is going to be fun :P

On 8/5/05, Wouter Lagerweij <wouterla at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/4/05, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Eeeek!
> >
> > Just bought an Xbox, just bought a copy of the original MechAssault
> > and am about to solder the board.
>
> No experience with newer myths on the xbox (I use XBMC) but: If you're
> doing a software mod (as I assume from the MechAssault reference)
> there shouldn't be any need to solder!
> All you need is the game, and the 'hacked' savegame on a x-box memory
> card (or on a USB memory stick, along with a converter cable to
> connect it to the Xbox).
>
> Just thought I'd mention it...
>
> Wouter

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.