[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au which script?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 11:21:26 UTC 2005

> An ideal design would abstract the parsing and support code, and be
> easily extensible to add more sources. The other HWW sites (seven,
> yahoo etc) are ideal candidates as they have much in common (region
> id's, pids etc). A d1 source could be trivially added to such a source
> also (isnt d1 data already in XMLTV format?), and perhaps oztivo too.

OzTiVo already provide a grabber script which pulls the listings for
mtheir database. I think you would be re-inventing the wheel if you
included support for that. Also if they change their database we can
ve confident that they will change their grabber script to support it.

> Time permitting I may write such a grabber in python.

That would be great! FYI, the OzTiVo script is in python. If you'd
like a copy of it to use as a starting point, let me know and I can
send it to you.

Regards,
Phill