[mythtv-users] Delete upcoming schedules

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 08:43:09 UTC 2005

> >From what I can gather once Myth starts recording (by pressing 'r') it will
> continue recording until the end of the "programme" which, in some music
> channels case, can often be several hours long (i.e. some music channels
> have one programme that runs 24 hours, which has lots of random songs
> playing).  I have tried hitting 'r' again but this doesn't stop recording, I
> have to manually press escape, go into "Upcoming Recordings" and tell it to
> stop.  This is less than desireable.
>
> Is there any way that Myth can just "instant record" when I tell it to, and
> stop when I tell it to, disregarding anything in the EPG?

Yeah, that would be good wouldn't it? I thought that "r" was a toggle
and it's supposed to turn recording on/off whenever you press it.
Maybe there's a problem with the functionality behind this. I know
that lots of people on this list have had trouble with the "r" button
in the past.

If someone knows definitively what the "r" key functionaliy is
supposed to do and what we should expect from it, perhaps this could
be put to bed.

Regards,
Phill