[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au script from this list. Anyone elsehadproblems today?

Nick Tan nick at wehi.edu.au
Tue Aug 2 21:41:32 UTC 2005


On 02/08/2005, at 10:36 PM, Matthew Phillips wrote:

> On 02/08/2005, at 9:12 PM, David Collett wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> To all of those who have never actually tried the MSN grabber. It
>> really is great. Very complete, consistent and reliable. The data
>> comes from HWW who also supply to most other online tv guides (yahoo,
>> seven, yourtv, etc). It is therefore essentially the definitive source
>> of oz guide data. It doesnt get any better than that.
>
> Seconded. The MSN data is top notch and worth the occasional pain. The
> grabber script is also fairly well-written, although a few more sanity
> checks to better detect failures due to site changes would be good.
>
> That said, if IceTV could guarantee this level of quality and reduce
> price just a little, I'd probably switch just to avoid the occasional
> evening perl debugging session and possibility of NineMSN declaring
> war on mythtv :/
>
> Matt.
>
>

I agree and I'd also like to add that I'd probably switch to IceTV also
if they added foxtel/optus channels.

Maybe if I have some time I might go over the script and add more
comments (it took me a little while to figure out what it was trying to
do) and hopefully make it more capable of handling slight changes to
the html.  It won't be very pretty though, I know just enough perl to
get by (as you could see from my previous post) :)



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list