[mythtv-users] UK Sky+ box with Pace rf2link

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Tue Aug 2 17:48:28 UTC 2005

On Monday 01 August 2005 16:18, Julian Edwards wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I just moved out of an NTL cable area so had to reconfigure for a Sky+
> box.  I just built the hardware at this page:
> http://www.cornelius.demon.co.uk/lirc-sky-rflink-howto.html
> but the Sky+ box is just not responding to anything I send.  I've got a
> multimeter on the cable and I can see fluctuating voltages when I use
> irsend to try and give it a command so I know I've got most of it working.
>
> The only other thing I can think that may be broken is the lircd.conf
> file for this box.  It's one of the very latest grey Sky+ branded boxes
> and the model number on the bottom is a BSKYB 3100.
>
> Is anyone successfully using the Pace rf2link with this particular box?
> If so, I would love to get a copy of your lircd.conf please.  I've found
> 3 different configs so far and none of them work.  If someone has
> something that they definitely know to work with this box and an rf2link
> then I can start eliminating potential problems.

i have great difficulty getting that to work on my grundig - but have no
problems with it on my pace digibox

have you made sure that everything digibox/mythbox are all powered off and
wired up before starting. i did find that wiring up the rf2link while the
digibox was powered was not good enough.
--
simon