[mythtv-users] Mythtv wait for device to initialize?

roger roger at eskimo.com
Tue Aug 2 16:30:39 UTC 2005

I'm using the new pvrusb2 driver and my device requires 2-6 seconds
initialization before any output can be read on /dev/v4l/video0.

Is there a way to force mythtv to wait this long before trying to read
any data?

Executing /usr/bin/mythtv shows it doesn't find any devices before the
driver as a chance to initialize the device.

Looking over my syslog output, I'm seeing the device partially
initialize and then I see mythtv stopping the lirc daemon before the
pvrusb2 device has a chance to get initialized.

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Tue Aug 2 09:30:34 PDT 2005