[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au script from this list. Anyone elsehadproblems today?

David Collett david.collett at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 12:31:54 UTC 2005

> My solution ended up being minus the "$link =~ s/&.+//g; #&" and the
> last two "$pid =~ s/(\d*).*/$1/;" lines. Am I missing something?

Nah, dont think so. The point was that the pid ends with either an '&'
or a ' '. However you split it up it doesnt really matter as long as
you end up with the raw number in the end. I'm not even sure all the
lines in my patch are necessary, I wrote them one at a time until it
worked, and didnt bother to check over it afterwards :)

I think the script could be made much more resilient to small changes
like this. I mean, the variable name didn't even change, so if the
parser tokenised stuff in a smarter (html aware) way in the first
place this would not have broken at all. (though the closeup => cu
thing would still have killed it).

It would have been easier to fix if it was better documented  and/or
written in a real language like python :)

Dave