[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au script from this list. Anyone elsehadproblems today?

David Collett david.collett at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 11:20:24 UTC 2005

I have attached by tv_grab_au with fixes for this new problem. It
seems to be just a few urls have changed very slightly. Since my
version might be different everyone elses anyway (there were quite a
few iterations floating around) here is a diff which shows the
necessary changes:

201c201
< my $details_url = "http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/cu/default.asp?pid=";
---
> my $details_url = "http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/closeup/default.asp?pid=";
374c374
<                       if ($link =~ /cu\/default.asp/) {
---
>                       if ($link =~ /closeup\/default.asp/) {
380c380
<                               $name =~ s/.+target=_new class=tv>(<P>|)//g;
---
>                               $name =~ s/.+target=new>(<P>|)//g;
384,385c384
<                               $link =~ s/&.+//g; #&
<                               $link =~ s/ .+//g; #&
---
>                               $link =~ s/".+//g; #"
704d702
<       $pid =~ s/(\d*).*/$1/;
721d718
<               $pid =~ s/(\d*).*/$1/;

short summary is: "closeup" changed to "cu" and the urls which the pid
variables are pulled out of got re-arranged and some extra variables
stuck in them which caused the regexes which pull them out to either
fail.

WARNING:
I am in Canberra, I seem to recall messing with the channel names some
time ago when SBS did some stuff, I'm not sure if it is currently
correct, or whether I compensated in other ways (eg. in the database).
Be warned that running this could add a whole bunch of crappy channels
to your tables. Your best bet might be to port the fixes to your own
script.

Good luck,
Dave