[mythtv-users] OT: Reset Overscan after fullscreen apps

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Mon Aug 1 12:37:57 EDT 2005

> I added it to my pc games list and it works just fine but when it switches
> full screen it clears any and all overscan settings i have made with
> nvidia-settings. It does the same with my NES emulator. Is there any way,

 I've run into this myself with a few apps.   The nvidia driver still reports
that the overscan value is the same as before, however it's obviously not.
So I wrapped the apps in a shell script which would run nvidia-settings again
after the app exited and reset the overscan value.

 One thing to note is that since the nvidia driver thinks it is already
using the overscan value you had previously set it to then it will ignore
you if you try to set it to the same value, so I had to issue two overscan
changes. One to a different value (I just change it by a value of 1) and then
back to what I had originally wanted it to be.