[mythtv-users] Aspect ratio troubles

Jo Shields directhex at apebox.org
Mon Aug 1 15:42:38 UTC 2005

Chris Martin wrote:

>I'm using a Nova-T card with the tv output going through a PVR 350 tv
>out to a 4:3 tv.  As far as I can tell all Uk digital broadcasts are
>16:9, however the picture that is displayed on my tv fills the entire
>screen and is stectched vertically.  It is quite possibly missing
>portions form the sides as well.  Pressing W during playback cycles
>through the aspect ratio options but otherwise does nothing.
>
>I'm pretty certain it was displaying fine for the first couple of
>hours I had the card, until I decided to play with the 'apect
>override' settings in myth.  16:9 output captured from my PVR 350
>displays perfectly.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>thanks,
>
>Chris

I think the PVR350 might be getting involved - I have a Nova-T playing
back via an Nvidia Geforce FX5200; widescreen shows are shown as
widescreen, full-frame as full-frame. Of course, I'm using a 4:3 theme
in MythTV, which may have an effect (the 16:9 theme supplied IS
stretched vertically, incorrectly).

--Jo Shields