[mythtv-users] MythDora Won't Boot

flim flim at talktalk.net
Mon Aug 1 11:55:22 UTC 2005

Hi Dennis,

My housemate was getting pretty cross with me for constantly saying
'cool!' throughout the install, so nice work there. ;-p

I can't actually remember what video card I'm using in this machine, but I
just ticked the 'Install Everything' box, so the drivers should be there.
It's my test server (a Dell PE 1300) and it's just using the on-board
video.  I think it's an nVidea chip.  Possibly a TNT or something.

I'll give the recovery disc a pop later to see if that's it, but how long
do you think until 1.4's available?

I gave KnoppMyth a go and couldn't get it to even start the installer (or
the live bit) so I gave up on that.  I've had SLES9 running on it for a
few weeks, though, and before that it had W2K3 on it, so I know the h/w's
alright.

Thanks for your comments and the good job on the OS.  I look forward to
using it!

flim