[mythtv-users] LIRC problem in Mythdvd/Mythvideo (lircd sends twice)

Mark Schuren mark at ultra.de
Mon Aug 1 11:43:31 UTC 2005

a small follow-up:

meanwhile i have two mandrake 10.2 systems at home (one myth master backend,
one frontend-only). both have the same problem with lirc when using external
players like xine or mplayer from within mythvideo/mythdvd.

on one of the boxes i tried it and uninstalled the mdk lirc 0.6.6 rpms and
compiled and installed lirc 0.7.1 by hand, which did not solve the problem :-(

after i had installed lirc 0.7.1 i also cleanly recompiled mythtv.
i also had to upgrade to xine-ui 0.99.4, because the mandrake-built
xine-ui 0.99.3 did not work at all with the new lirc version.

so i think i have tried everything, replaced lirc, replaced the player
application, recompiled mythtv. but problem is still exactly the same.
so i guess it is a problem of mythfrontend... or just a faulty
configuration because i use the same lirc button for several actions
in different programs...?

again, the apps perfectly work with lirc when run stand-alone.

but when a player like xine or mplayer (i tried both) is started through
mythvideo, all lirc-buttons which i press (and which are intended to be
only received by the player - and are actually received by the player
correctly) are also received by mythfrontend, after the player quits...

is there any means to let mythfrontend ignore lircd events as
long as an external player is running? or do i have a "focus" problem?

also i am still wondering if my lirc config is good:

> > > begin
> > >     prog = mythtv
> > >     button = OFF
> > >     config = Esc
> > > end
> > >
> > > begin
> > >     prog = xine
> > >     button = OFF
> > >     config = Quit
> > > end

the above means that i use the same button on my remote ("OFF") for
2 different things. it is on the one hand used to quit xine (if running),
and also used as the escape key for mythtv (if running).

and this is what happens, if i press the "OFF" button, xine terminates
as expected, and AFTERWARDS also mythfrontend reacts and leaves the current
menu (because it also receives the "escape")... maybe this is just "working
as designed" and i have to get a remote with more keys on it?

if i should provide any more info please let me know.

i have no more idea what to try next, please advise! is what i what to do
impossible? is anyone else using lirc buttons for more than one application
at once (esp. the mythtv/xine/mplayer combo)?

any help is appreciated!