[mythtv-users] Black and White

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Aug 1 10:57:03 UTC 2005

>    1. Your TV input is set to compsite (try the tv settings menu)
>    2. Your cable is only a composite video cable, not an S-Video one.

 	Not sure how a composite video cable can be confused with an s-vid
cable, since the cable ends are different and not interchangeable.
Perhaps what you meant is that the s-vid cable has been damaged and is now
only a composite cable.  I've seen this happen a number of times.... look
at both ends of the s-vid cable and look for bent pins.  Nine times out of
ten attempting to straighten it will break it, so you're SOL.

 	It generally happens when fumbling with a cable behind the TV.
Attempting to get the little sucker in the socket, one twists it slightly
and gets three of four pins in their respective sockets.  Pushing it on
the rest of the way bends the fourth over and kills it.

 	Funny how it always seems to be the chroma that gets bent.  Always
get B&W video...

-Cory