[mythtv-users] remote control shortcuts

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 19:31:58 UTC 2005

Chris Hubball wrote:
> I've got lirc and lirxevent running nicely with Myth and my Video Player.
>
> The remote also has short-cut buttons for TV, Music, Video, Pictures etc
> and I'd like to make them jump indirectly to the corresponding section in
> Myth - is this possible?
>
> Chris.

Sure. If there are buttons on your remote that don't appear to do
anything at all, you can find out the button "name" to map with by
comparing your lircd.conf file to your lircrc file. Simply add more
entries into lircrc using the names of the unused buttons as presented
in lircd.conf and then you may tweak the key mappings to your liking
with MythWeb.

--
Meatwad